"Trends usually don't influence my decisions, usually go for long term longevity and good location, because you can't change that." — Allan Drewlo, (6:20-6:31)
If, like Drewlo Holdings Inc., you've been developing, constructing, and managing apartment buildings since 1958, you've learned a lot of valuable lessons along the way.
Your company has probably persevered through challenging times, and today's economic shuddering probably doesn't catch you off guard.
In this episode of Sync or Swim, we discuss how to achieve long-term success with multifamily investing, today and beyond, from veteran property owner, operator, and developer, Allan Drewlo.
Allan Drewlo, President of Drewlo Holdings, a family-owned business that has been developing, constructing, and managing apartment buildings for more than 60 years.
What we talked about:
- Lessons Allan learned about life and business from his father, Eugen Drewlo
- The impact of COVID on secondary markets
- How real estate trends and interest rates affect Allan's decisions to build
- Why advocating for affordable housing is important
- And his outlook on the multifamily market in Canada moving forward