Rentsync provides high quality websites, marketing services and software solutions to the rental and property management industry.
We are a high growth company, based in St. Catharines & rapidly expanding across Canada and the contiguous United States. As a result, this newly created role is integral to our growth trajectory.
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Vice President Finance, the Senior General Accountant will be integral to the finance team, providing oversight and assistance for the general accounting of the group in accordance with GAAP guidelines. You will be responsible for the daily operations, including preparing appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting in monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable invoices and payments
- Oversee staff expense reporting
- Allocate income and expenses in Sage 50, ensuring accurate budget versus actual reporting
- Oversee accounts receivable and collections efforts, notifying appropriate departments of client accounts in jeopardy
- Assist Development and Billing departments at month end, ensuring the two sources reconcile and verifying accuracy of the data
- Prepare monthly reconciliations – bank accounts, external payment systems, credit card reporting, accounts receivable, billing system, general ledger
- Maintain intercompany transactions
- Responsible for timely government filing for HST, PST, and EHT
- Responsible for month end, quarter end, and annual close processes
- A relevant post-secondary degree
- Minimum five years of accounting experience in full cycle accounting role
- Strong computer skills, specifically advanced Microsoft Excel, Sage 50, QuickBooks
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Professional accounting designation
- 5-10 Years of accounting experience in a full cycle accounting role
- Bilingual (English/French)
How to Apply:
Send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org